Saturday, February 27, 2010

Anger and More

Yesterday my daughter was due to wake up for a dance class. I got up, got dressed and went to wake her. Got my coffee started and went to wake her again. Poured my coffee and went to wake her again. Now my younger daughter is awake and she is refusing to go. I had a talk with her about promises (promising her friend she'd be there as well as the instructor) and how rude it was to make me get up and refuse to go. She was still determined not to go.

I was ANGRY. No fair that I had to get up and now she is going back to sleep while I can't fall asleep again. Believe me, I tried. I am still a bit angry with her even now.

Later in the day I had to take the kids in for all of us to get our eyes checked. It was pretty much the only thing I got done all day. I also had to take two of my kids to get new glasses. At first I looked at the glasses shop in the same building as my eye doctor and nearly died when I got the total for my son...over $700!! I decided I needed to get out of that store and go to another glasses store. There the glasses for both of my kids was just over my $200 reimbursable amount. Much better.

Today my husband is here. We are helping a friend move this weekend and I had a lot of frustration at his slowness. He was trying to fix my washing machine, which is admirable, but I'd promised my friend that we'd be at her house at 10. It was nearly 1 before we made it. I was embarrassed. I ended up doing most of the inspection that my husband was supposed to be doing. In a way I was doing the other stuff because I didn't have the energy to actually help her move stuff. I didn't want to get up early, I didn't want to help her move, I didn't want to do anything.

But I did get up and go help. Hopefully I'll have more energy tomorrow so I can be a better help.

No comments:

Post a Comment